Well its back to school for the boys and they were very excited to get back (as was I !)
Although we had a wonderful time off from work and school, it was nice to get back into a routine.
They both have awesome teachers and only about 25 kids in their class, so it was a positive start all round. Hudson would not let me into the class to take pictures and I didn't push it, as I am sure he would have died of embarrassment, so I took full advantage of being able to take pictures of Campbell, but even that didn't last too long. (as you can see from the photo further down)
The sporting timetable has just come out and they want to do everything again so we will have to work through that. Cricket doesn't seem to have taken preference this year and they are both keen on tennis, which suits me just fine as I hate watching cricket !
Their first inter house gala is at the end of the month, as well as the annual school bring and braai, which is really one of my favorites. It gives a chance to meet their teachers properly and find out what the expectations are for the year. We then all sit on the field which is flood lit, chatting and braaing and catching up while the kids run a mock - just love it !
Hudson has a school disco this Friday to raise funds for the houses (they are both in Protea) so I am a bit nervous about that - not sure if he knows what to do at a disco ! There is no ways he will dance with any girls so I can see him sitting on the chairs around the side of hall wondering what made him decided to go in the first place ! They have teachers and parents (I am signing up to help this week) that monitor everything so will see if I can sneak some photo's of the event.
The class moms meet this Thursday to get the list of events for the year etc. and the fun walk is at the end of the month, so our calendar is filling up very quickly.
Homework should starts this week so I am sure we will have some moaning soon and questions as to when the holidays are !
Can't believe my boys are already in grade 5 and 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment