Well, things have obviously been a little quite in the Radomsky household so it was about time that things went a bit pear shaped.
On Thursday, while having a long awaited hot bubble bath at 16h20 in the afternoon (we had been without electricity for 24 hours and I so badly wanted a relaxing bath), I heard screaming from upstairs and Hudson ran down to say that Campbell had kicked the couch and hurt his toe.
Now keeping in mind our history of injuries, unless there is blood and arteries involved, I don't react very quickly. Hudson was very upset and insisted that I get out the bath NOW which I did and found Campbell lying on the floor upstairs - I looked at toe and it was broken !
Now Campbell doesn't cry easily so when he is really sore, you know all about it. I piggy backed him to the car and headed off to Sunninghill. When we got into emergency he was as white as a sheet - they gave him some pain killers and something that put him on a complete high !
It was very funny to watch and he forgot about his toe and began talking a hind leg off a donkey ! They x-rayed his foot and confirmed that he had broken one of the toe segments and it had to be straightened otherwise it could cause problems later on.
Next morning we were at the hospital at 6 in the morning and he went in at 08h12 and was out by 08h30 - I didn't even get to finish my coffee when they called me back up to see him.
We went to the Lodge for the long weekend and although he was convinced that he would have to sit by and watch everyone having fun, he actually managed very well. He went horse riding, fishing and even rode his bike - every evening he got dosed with pain killers and the next day he was off again.
No comments:
Post a Comment