Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Boys sick and Injured

What is it with my boys that they have to do everything at the same time.

Hudson started feeling sick and coughing on Saturday and I put it down to "exam nerves", but by Monday he was man down, so after his LO exam (which was based more on opinion than fact, thank goodness) off to the Dr we went - it was flu but had just started going into his chest so we managed to catch it in time.  He was given antibiotics and I thought that would be that - WRONG.

On Monday night he called to say he was feeling cold and he had a temp of 39.4.  Its been ages since my boys had temps so I actually went blank and didn't know what to do.  He ended up with a wet cloth on his head and his pajama top off trying to cool him down.

He had a good nights sleep after that and looked better the next morning.

Campbell had rugby last night so I left Hudson at home with Aaron and took Cams.  After practice his friend said Cams would take a while to come up as he had hurt his leg.  When he did eventually come up he had blood running down the back of his leg - he had fallen on the field and must have landed on a nail or a metal stake of some sort as it was a puncture wound and went right through and punctured the muscle which was why there was so much blood.


Off to hospital for advise - it needed a stitch or 2 but they said because of where it was it would be more traumatic to stitch it and it was okay to just steristrip it, which we did.  He was supposed to have a tetanus shot but I was sure he had one when he bit through his gum with Zoe - well I just checked with the hospital and he didn't so he is SO not going to like me this afternoon !

Its only Wednesday and he has already fallen off the desk at school (don't ask me why he was sitting on a desk in the first place) and hit his head, coming home with a huge egg and a serious headache, and then splitting his knee (again and after it has just healed) at hockey yesterday afternoon.

He is goalie for the season so I am sure we will have much to look forward to !  Why they put him in goals with his injury record to have hard balls shot at his, I just don't know !

So I will have 2 grumpy boys this week - Cams from the injection which he is terrified of and Hudson who has to miss his first soccer match tomorrow because of his flu.

Sorry boys............

No comments: