A group of friends decided to go to Madame Zingara's. This is a dinner theatre in a 100 year old circus tent. It is very over the top and just great fun. They travel the world doing shows so if it ever comes to your town, you just HAVE to go and see it.
The singers wear evening gowns with glitter and stage makeup while others walk around on stilts and do crazy things.
We went last year for the first time and felt very out as we didnt dress up and that was part of the evening so this time we decided to go all out and dress up all wierd and wonderful - I went as an angel while others went as witches, the 70's, Darth Vader, 007 and sailors.

We had a absolutely fantastic time. They served a 4 course dinner throughout the evening (and 4 different desserts) while we were entertained by singers, trapeeze artists and actors.
I had a "monkey" jump up on my chair and sit there playing with my halo - it was rather embarrasing but not as embarrassing as it was for a friend of ours, Jake, who hates things like that - and it sat on his chair for a while ! When we walked into the event there was a gorilla hiding behind a corner and he grabbed my leg as I walked past - I still dont know who got the bigger fright - me or the gorilla as I screamed very loudly !
Roll on 2009 Madame Zingara's !
2 comments:
What fun!!
This is the only time you'll have a halo above your head!! :)
Post a Comment