Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Plaster & pins removed !


Hudson has had his cast removed and the pins in his wrist taken out.


They were supposed to put him under for it, but the doctor ask if he would try and do it in the chair and he agreed (much to my relief as I hate the whole "going to sleep" thing), but this proved to be a VERY bad choice for Hudson once he started !






Cutting off the plaster was fine and there were smiles all around and even a few jokes between the three of us, until it came to pulling the pins out !








I don't know if it was the thought of it, the blood, the instruments used or the actual feeling, but Hudson went completely pale, shouted loud enough for the people in the waiting room to hear and eventually, had to be made to lie down as he was about to pass out.








I was close behind him (not the shouting bit) and resorted to comforting him by laying my head on this chest, as he lay on the bed, as I was convinced I was going to faint - and being the proud mom I am, could not admit this to my son of 9 (especially after telling him to be strong) or the doctor (who I think knew all along).





Hudson was in a bad mood and very sore for the rest of the day, and even bribes of chocolate and fizzy cooldrink did not bring a smile to his face.




He was VERY brave and I was very proud of him for going through that - I know there is no way I would have done it !


But now he is running around and is back to normal and tends to tell everyone, when showing them the pins in the bottle he got as a trophy, how sore it was, but how he survived !

No more tree climbing for a while (both for his sake and mine)












No comments: