Poor Campbell has had a problem tooth for a while now and keeps getting an apses on the gum, which is obviously very sore and we have to resort to anitbiotics in the past to sort it out.Well, after yet another course of antibiotics, we both decided that it would be better to pull the tooth - the only reason we haven't is because he would have to go under, but medical aid won't cover the op as they say he is old enough to have it pulled in a chair - I am not even old enough to have a tooth pulled in the chair !

So we opted for the chair route and gas ! We told him it was happy gas, which had him laughing before they even turned it on. (I'm quite sure if it was from nerves)
I was queezy throughout the whole procedure, as they had to inject into his gum to numb the area, and for some reason they used probably the biggest needle they had !
We made him close his eyes while they injected (and I close mine so I could "experience" it with him and because I am terrified of needles), and then proceeded to pull the tooth.All while this was happening he had the gas mask over his nose (it was supposed to calm him but made him look very funny, and it we had to try our hardest not to laugh while he was having all this done) and eventually, out it came ! He was VERY nervous but there were no tears and we were very relieved to have it out once and for all.
So now my toothless wonder has even less teeth than before but this hasn't stopped him from grinning (and its just the cutest grin !)

All I want for Christmas is SOME TEETH !
2 comments:
Hey...you should have his tooth and Hudson's pins set in resin and made into paperweights. Poor kids...and poor YOU...been through a lot lately!!! Love you all!!!
PS: Jordan also wants some teeth for Christmas!!!
Post a Comment