It is basically when they make things and bring them to school to sell and then they get to keep the profits. You can either make things to eat, jewellery, toys etc etc and then the other grades come and buy from them.
Campbell was VERY chuffed when he found out that it was their turn to do shop shop.
They told them the Wednesday before so there were far to many days of nagging and asking when we were going shopping for the ingredients !
We decided to make pop cones, which are ice cream cones filled with popcorn which has been rolled in melted marshmallows - sounds simple which in theory it is but trust me - it is VERY messy !
We then made some fudge (which is always a hit with the teachers) and chocolate cuppa chino fudge squares (which were delicious).
He walked about 2 inches taller on the Monday carrying his stash, and I stayed at the school to help the class set up.
The excitement soon dwindled as it took a while to get organised and for the kids to start walking around buying. He was literally the last stall at the end of the passage and was terrified that, by the time anyone got to his table, they wouldn't have any money.
It was very funny to watch the whole thing as the kids got bored after about half an hour, and started eating their merchandise ! Campbell did well but also gave away some of his goodies to friends and a few people who didn't have money and that he felt sorry for !
All in all he made R148,00, which he used to buy himself a pocket knife with at Doornkop during the long weekend.
I was looking forward to all the food being sold as there was a lot and I had visions of a sugar filled weekend. I was chuffed to see that almost everything was gone (except for some fudge much to my delight), only to see him walk out the class room with a HUGE cake !
He had taken a raffle and had won ! He was so chuffed - we entered into immediate negotiations and I managed to convince him to give a quarter to the staff room. The rest came home and was split into portions where some were frozen, others put into the fridge and the rest shared out. I think we have only just finished the cake (I am too scared to look in the freezer)
It was a great day for him and he loved it !
No comments:
Post a Comment