Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mad animals

I have decided that we have a house of mad animals, but I wouldn't change them for the world.

For those of you that haven't met our pets, there is Murray who is an 11 year old Golden retriever, Gina who is a 9 year old Irish setter and Mia who is a 10 month old kitten.

All our animals are incredibly affectionate and have to be near you all the time.

Murry wont push his luck and is happy to lie at your feet as long as you have a foot on him or some kind of contact. He has a terrible habit of stealing things like the boys socks or shoes if left outside and on this occasion, he managed to steal the peanut butter jar out the kitchen ! He walked to a corner and "held" the jar while he licked out as much as he could. Every morning he waits outside the kitchen to get his daily apple and if he doesn't get it in time, he barks and moans at you through the window until he get it.

Gina is just one big softy who wont take just lying at your feet but has to lie on top of you. She thinks she is human and cant understand why she has to sit on the floor. She honestly believes that she should sit on the couch with everyone else and will slowly make her way up if given the chance. Here she decided that I was lying on her place and rather than trying to get me off, joined me !

Mia just loves company and being loved. I walk around holding her like a baby or put her over my shoulder and she will just lie there and enjoy the attention. She follows me all around the place, especially in the morning when I am getting the boys up and ready for school.

Here she climbed into bed one morning & literally snuggled right into my face to sleep. We both dozed off for a while. Luckily I don't get hay fever otherwise I would have been in a state !

Mia hated the dogs when we first got her and would hiss at them every time they came near her. She has warmed up to them and the other day, after Gina had been to the vet as she had torn her nail, I found Mia all cuddled up to Gina who was on the couch (where else) recovering from her traumatic experience - she is SUCH a drama queen.It was very cute to see and I think Gina was a little put out that she had to share the couch !

These are my mad animals and I just adore them.

1 comment:

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

I put the photos of the Mia and Gina lying on top of you on Facebook because it makes me laugh. I can't believe Murray likes apples! So strange.
I love your pets too!!!