Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Measels Injection

Due to the apparent epidemic going around SA at the moment, all children have been encouraged to have an additional measel booster injection, which our school offered.


Campbell came home with his form for me to fill in and was in tears as he was told by someone that he would go blind and deaf if he didnt have the injection, but really didnt want the injection, so was in a bit of a pickle.

I calmed him down and explained that it wasn't sore and that he had to have it.  He refused and said he would run away when it was his turn so I promised that I would go with him and stand with him while he had it.


I informed the school that this was the plan and he got called down so he could have it with me.

He was very scared and even our PRO Heather came through to "help" convince him that it had to be done.  She had one before him to show him that it was okay.  He held her hand while she had it done - I had to hug him and kiss him while she held him when he had his done.


He was very brave and didn't even cry.  There were alot of tears throughout the grades which was very funny to watch.


Hudson missed his at school (I think on purpose) so I had to take him to our doctor to have his done. 

He was very upset and caused a bit of a scene but I think there was quite a hype about it at school that he got very worked up before hand.  I suppose it didnt help to have Campbell in the car saying "the needle is huge" and "it burns SO badly" !

I promised him it wasn't sore so when he was finished he actually turned around and said that a big thing was made about nothing.


So they have both got their boosters - I didn't do it - I am way to scared of needles !

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I like the way your whole post is about convincing the boys to have the shot...and THEN you don't cause you're too scared!! Very funny!