Monday, October 11, 2010

40 Years Old

Well I have finally hit 40 and it really wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.

On Saturday the 2nd we had dinner at La Campagnola in Bryanston and it was just an awesome evening.

We had been to the lodge the weekend before and I had been bitten by a spider (3 times mind you) so the week before my party I was as sick as a dog with dizzy spells, nausea, hot and cold chills, headaches and muscle pains etc.

I eventually headed off to the Doctor on the Friday and he confirmed that it was spider bites and gave me some medicine.

Friday night we braaied with George and Collette and Tanya, and it was so nice to catch up and basically just chill out.Saturday the rest of the family arrived and Tanya and I ran around sorting out balloons and serviettes. I slept most of the afternoon so when the evening came I was feeling a lot better but had hot and cold chills the whole night and just broke out in sweating "fits" the whole night !

It was a great evening and very special spending it with my friends and family.  I was spoilt rotten ! 









Aaron had a Russian wedding band made - each band represents one of my boys and I even got a signed photo from John Smit wishing me happy birthday, which Aaron also organised and which scored him MAJOR points as I just think the world of John Smit.

  Thanks for all the special wishes and thanks to all my special friends for making my evening so special.

No comments: