Monday, October 4, 2010

Goodbye Murray

On Wednesday 22th Sept we had to put Murray down.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do but after 11 and half years and a really good life, he had come to the end of his days.

The Tuesday morning before he couldn't get up even when called and couldn't come and bark for his apple as he did the previous morning.  I went to gym and when I came back found him lying outside my office, no better.

I took him straight to the vet where after an examination discovered he had a massive lump in his stomach.  I left him there overnight hoping for an improvement but unfortunately I received a call the next morning to say he was no better and the time had come to say goodbye.



He hadn't walked or lifted his head since I had dropped him at the vet but when I walked in he stood up on his wobbly legs and walked to the table before he collapsed again. 

I stayed with him as they put him down and while we were waiting for the anesthetic to take him, he lay with his head on my shoulder and just sighed and grunted like he used to  do when he was a puppy - I think it was his way of saying goodbye.

The boys were very upset and we have promised to get his ashes so that Hudson can bury them and say goodbye.

My heart is broken and we will really miss him but he was a good companion and a good friend.

No comments: