Monday, September 26, 2011

Tickey Afternoon

On 3 September (right in the middle of the move) our school had their annual Tickey afternoon where the grade 7's have different stalls to raise funds for the school.

Hudson had a group of 4 and was the group leader so all the organisation was up to him.


I refused to hire things for them to do as it was SO expensive so he decided to make some things as carnival games - he made the board with the holes in them that you have to throw balls threw,  Aaron made the electronic buzzer and I got one of the other mothers to make cardboard fish for "fish, fish"


We headed out to a sweet factory to get some sweets for prizes and some kind friends donated vouchers for prizes as well.  Some of the other group had managed to get some vouchers and donations from store at the beginning of the year so we were sorted.

The making of goods was all last minute as usual (building took preference) but we had a lot of scrap material lying around to use.

Ready to open stall

I was very proud of him as he got stuck in and painted the ball board and made fishing rods with bamboo at the bottom of the garden.

I made fudge and brownies (which flopped mush to the boys delight as they had a lot of testers) and on Saturday we headed off to school to set up.


It was a long day - not too hot thank goodness and the boys did well.  They managed to get rid of most of the prizes and made close to R3000,00 for their group.

Nick & Hudson showing "group 2"
 It was tiring and I must admit I was very glad when it was over - so were the boys I think.

People gathering around our stall
Campbell and Matthew took goodies out to sell to people not at our stall to bring in extra "funds" and actually did very well for the group 2's.

Campbell & Matthew with trays of food

We packed up and headed home and had an early night.

Well done Hud's, you did well my boy and put everything into it - proud of you.

No comments: