There was much negotiation - between the boys that is - which was futile as they had all made up their minds already, but I suppose it seemed the right process to follow. Mom was not consulted as my mind was made up and I still haven't change my view on this, but I suppose boys will be boys and the pellet guns were purchased.
We went out to the bush for the weekend with friends who also have pellet guns, to try them out, and they were over the moon. Targets were bought and set up and before any pellets were fired, a "handing over" ceremony took place with warnings and instructions on how things would be done.
Aaron took this very seriously and went through everything step by step - safety rules, gun rules & dad rules (my rule was no guns so that wasn't considered !)
The target shooting started and they were thrilled - I think dad more than anyone else.
As the weekend progress the targets moved further and further away and the accuracy improved. They all did very well and had great fun.
I tried it out and managed to hit targets a few times but can honestly say that I am still not convinced and still hate the idea - it is not something I woke up for in the mornings - that being said, I think I was the only one !
There were no casualties - Tick got hit in the nose by the sight from the recoiled, which hurt, but I think he got more of a fright than anything else, but no blood or broken bones.
They had great fun and tried to convince me that it was a good idea - as far as the fun went, it was, but that is it.
They were very responsible and took it all very seriously so lets hope it stays like that - the rule is no shooting without dad but you can be assured mom will be close by !
We managed to get them away from target shooting for a swim in Diesel dam where they had great fun and Hudson managed to catch a crab between the rocks. We did a few game drives as well and it was really a fun (and safe) weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment