Monday, January 16, 2012

Hudson starts at Saints

Friday we took Hudson through to Saints for the Grade 8 camp.  He was a little nervous but very excited. 


He was up early and packed and dressed all ready to go.  It was supposed to be "drop and go" but that would mean no pictures and saying hello to the friends and moms so I trailed up after him and Dumi, a grade 12, who came and fetched his bags.


 We go an sms about 2 hours later to say they had arrived safely and that was it until Sunday when we went to fetch him.

He had a ball and learnt his house war cries, the prefects names off by heart, the school song and war cries etc etc.  He couldnt stop talking about it and the rest of Sunday we had to listen to all the different songs and war cries and when a stick was pointed at you and dropped you had to shout "WHITE" ! 

Apparently there is more to that war cry but we never got further than that.


 Today was the first day of school and it was also "drop and go" but I did go to the office to find out if it really was - he walked off by himself so I suppose I did adhere to the "drop and go" policy - sort off.  I didnt cry but I must admit it was hard to see my baby walk away. 


I fetched him at 13h30 and he was beaming !  He had an awesome day and is SO looking forward to the rest of the year.  This week is orientation and they have to choose their summer sports.  They had their first chapel service and rang the bell which makes them real Saints boys.

Friday the parents have been invited to the school at 16h00 so we will see what that is all about.


So it has begun and we are looking forward to many happy years at Saints.

1 comment:

Traci said...

What a fantastic thing to do - Grade 8 camp. I wish they'd do something like that here.

Congrats on starting 'big school' Huds!! So proud of you!!