He has been battling in his U10 team as there are 2 provincial players and 2 regional players so, if he is not high up on the batting list, he usually doesn't get to bat as these guys stay in for most of the match - which is great for our team, but knocks him personally a bit.
On Tuesday he batted 4th and made 27 runs, of which four were 4's, and he took 2 wickets when bowling, so got man of the match and the match ball.
He said to me afterwards that he could have stayed in longer, but he looked across at the rest of the team and saw that they looked "sad" because they hadn't had a turn to bat and he knew how it felt to have to sit and watch from the side line, so he let a ball go through (is that match fixing or team fixing ?).
He said he now knows what it feels like to be like the provincial player and the normal player.
Shame he is too sweet and has such a big heart - he asked if I was disappointed with him for letting himself go out - I definitely wasn't disappointed in him - EQ is so much more important than anything else but I explained to him that the other guys were provincial players because they keep going and didn't look at the guys on the side line.
I'll take my Cams as he is, provincial or not. I love the fact that he is so considerate of others. In time, he will learn that sometimes you have to ignore the side lines and just steam ahead, but I know that when he does do that, his heart will still be in the right place.
He is now walking 2 feet taller and that ball goes everywhere - he is also "coaching" his brother which doesn't always go down too well but surprisingly enough is being tolerated.
Well done Ticky - very proud of you.

3 comments:
That just melted my heart!! Well done Campbell on a great game and being an awesome team player!
I second that! Good job!
Well done my little one!! You have a heart of gold...i remember you would always offer me your stuff!! I miss you both xx
Post a Comment